Town * Going-Out * Culture *
Originally a peasant town, produicing jasmine, Mougins has grown to become a
town of luxury and prestige. Riviera villa paradise, surnamed the Garden City, Mougins has thousands of Neo-provencial styled villas surround the old citadel on the hill, ‘Mougins Le Vieux Village’.
It is aslo known to be Capital of Gastronomy for the south of France. People from far come to have a star rated meal in one of its 40 culinar restaurants and a yearly culinat festival ‘Les Etoiles de Mougins’ draws arround 25 000 people.
Most important close towns are:
- Valbonne, 7km, 13k hab, famous touristic town
- Cannes, 8 km, 75 k hab, port, beaches and festival city,
- Grasse, 12 km, 50k hab), perfume capital, and tourism
- Antibes,13 km, 73k hab), port, beaches and tourist facilities
- Nice, 32km, 400 k hab, port beaches, shopping and tourism.
- Monaco, 60 km, 40k hab, port, beaches, shopping and tourism.
Going Out in Mougins
‘Mougins Le Vieux-Village ‘ is a nice place to be spending time. Colorful narrow streets, with art galleries and French culinar restaurants. The Vieux village has been drawing painters and sculptors since over half a century to expose and sell their work. Many mark their stay in Mougins by purchasing a tasteful souvenir to hang on the wall, or place in their dining rooms.
A Classical Art Museum, and a Picasso Photo Gallery
to finish up with a fine meal in a quality culinar restaurant.